Best Store Cards in Spain
El Corte Inglés
The most widely held free store card in Spain, also valid in Hipercor and Viajes El Corte Inglés. Request the El Corte Inglés card online or in store.
- Request free cards for family members under the same account.
- Purchase period is by calendar month, payment on the last day of the following month, so you can effectively get up to 7 weeks credit.
- Payment options are: pay in full, a percentage every month or a fixed amount.
- Perks include 2 hours free parking (subject to a minimum spend – varies by store); automatic financing (may be subject to an admin fee); pre-sales info and card-holder only promos.
- Samsung Pay users can pay by mobile rather than card.
- Set up an online account to check your spending rather than wait for the monthly statement.
Tip: This card is not chip and pin, if it’s stolen it could do a lot of damage to your bank account. Write on the back “PEDIR DNI” above or below your signature so you have to show some type of photo ID when you use it.
Club Cortefiel: Card can be used in Cortefiel, Pedro del Hierro and Women’secret stores and Douglas perfumeries. Request online or in store, perks include:
- Accumulate a 75€ spend to get a 5€ discount voucher for future purchases.
- Free alterations for items bought in store and online (except during sales periods and at outlet stores).
- Free delivery for online orders with no minimum spend.
- 1 hour free parking at a nearby car park.
- Gift on your birthday (must spend 100€ in a calendar year).
- Addtional special promos only for card holders. Also 15% off Avis car rental, 7% off travel, 10% off hotels and more via Cortefiel partners (more info at foot of website).
Women’Secret: Has it’s own card, Club Wow, even though it belongs to the Cortefiel group. Advantages include:
- 5% of all purchases accumulated “WowMoney” to use on future purchases (no need to accumulate a minimum amount).
- Special promo for your birthday (normally 6€ off a minimum 10€ spend).
- Exclusive promos online.
- If you’re buying in store and forget to take your Club Wow card you can identify yourself with your ID number.
Inditex Group – Zara, Zara Home, Pull & Bear, Massimo Dutti, Bershka, Stradivarius, Oysho
Choose from a regular loyalty card to use in any Inditex store or a Visa card, you can get an Affinity Card online or in store.
- Choice of 5 different ways of paying (debit or 4 different types of credit).
- Free mobile notifications when your card is used.
- Newsletter with fashion updates.
- Regular promos for new cardholders.
Kiabi low cost fashion for all the family (similar to Primark).
- With the Kiabi card you get 1 point for every 1€ spent. Request a card with your first online order or in store.
- There’s a 30 points bonus on your birthday (need to make a purchase during the week of your birthday).
- 15% discount either in store on online when you get to 300 points.
- For online purchases free delivery is available for orders over 15€.
Perfumes and Cosmetics
Sephora: Overcomplicated 3-card system (white, black, gold) with better promos as you upgrade. Card is valid for both Sephora stores (and online) and at stands in El Corte Ingles.
- 1€ = 1 point for all cards.
- Get a white card in store then register it online. Purchase on 4 separate days, or accumulate 150 points, to get a voucher for 10% off your next purchase and upgrade to a black card.
- As their website doesn’t mention any minimum threshold for the amount of each use of the card, we suggest that you plan your purchases so that you get the 10% when you really need it such as for Xmas or birthday presents.
- For every 4 separate times the Black Card is used (on different days) or you reach 150 points, you get a 10% discount voucher for your next purchase. The Black Card has added advantages such as private sales with a 20% discount, personalised offers and you’ll also get a present on your birthday.
- Accumulate 1000 points in a 12-month period for a gold card. With the gold card you can choose your birthday present (up to 30€) and be invited to special events.
Douglas (now incorporates Bodybell and Juteco) Ask for a Douglas Beauty Card card in store.
- Accumulate 1 point for each euro spent. 120 points = a discount voucher for 3€.
- 1.2 points for each euro spent for Premium members.
- Double points for all card holders on purchases made during the month when it’s your birthday.
- Exclusive promos for card holders
Related Post: Free Credit Cards in Spain