Cutting the Price of Hairdressing in Spain
At www.easycut.es/ they’ve managed to introduce the “low cost” concept to hairdressing with an innovative approach: (1) They only offer a limited “menu” of products and (2) by getting customers to prepay online.
Customers only need to go through three easy steps to get these prices:
- Choose the treatment you require
- Fill in your details (short form, easy to understand for non-Spanish speakers) and choose a salon
- Pay online (secure payment system) and you’ll receive an e-mail with the purchase code number which you have to show when you visit.
The services offered, apart from the basic wash & blow dry, cut & colour, are as follows:
- “Menu Color” 28.00 € – Colour, treatment, wash & blow dry.
- “Menu Corte” 26.00 € – Cut, treatment, wash & blow dry.
- “Menu Mechas” 42.50 € – Basic highlights, treatment, wash & blow dry.
- “Total Look Color” 29.99 € – Cut, colour, treatment, wash & blow dry.
(Prices correct at 31 Aug 2011).
The drawback we’ve seen is that, unfortunately, they have a limited geographical range for the moment and only cover Catalunya, the Balearic Islands, Valencia region and Madrid. However, they are offering franchises so we’ll keep you updated as they expand.
We haven’t tried their services yet (no fringe benefits at MSS – excuse the pun!), so we can´t vouch for the quality, but if any of you have let us know at email@example.com.