MoneySaverSpain.com is a free-to-use website launched in 2011. Our aim is to empower the English-speaking public living in Spain with info in order to pay less for everyday purchases without compromising their lifestyle.
What We Do
We offer impartial advice regarding how to save money, as well as income-boosting ideas.
The MoneySaverSpain.com team works towards:
- Providing information on the best deals in a variety of areas of household expenditure.
- Increasing an individual’s monthly income whilst maintaining (or even increasing) lifestyle levels.
- Advising on how to beat companies at their own game when you’re not on home ground. Companies have expert marketers, whilst individuals have limited information. Living abroad and dealing in another language doesn’t help. Here at MoneySaverSpain.com we want to reduce (or even reverse) this power imbalance.
What We Don’t Do
- It’s not a lifestyle change site: we won’t be telling you how to live.
- It’s not a thrift site: we won’t be telling you how to feed a family of six on 1 euro a day.
- It’s not a consumer complaint service: we can’t take up your issue with a company.
- It’s not a free translation service (yes, we have been asked to translate, for free, contracts and small print 🤬)
- Shopping in Spain: Special offers & deals, store cards and loyalty schemes, consumer rights…
- Leisure & Time-Off: Restaurants, theme parks, museums…
- House & Home: Utilities, phones, insurance…
- Your Money: Banking, loans, savings, credit cards, mortgages…
- Latest Offers: Those that deserve a full post rather than just a mention in the weekly newsletter.
- Weekly Promos: The full list of promos, offers, discounts and savings linked from the weekly newsletter.
- Blog Posts: Occasional musings from the MoneySaverSpain.com team.
- Shop: New in 2019, all things Spain shop.
How The Site Is Financed
- In order to ensure our independence, we are not financed or subsidised by any company. All the information contained on this site has been put together through independent research and is totally unbiased.
- In order to cover the costs of running the site, we accept sponsored posts from companies. We only accept posts from companies that have something of value for our visitors. These posts will be clearly marked “Sponsored post by (company name)”
- MoneySaverSpain.com is registered with various affiliate companies. If you click and make a purchase we receive a small (very small!) commission. Affiliate links do not affect the final price for the customer.